Updates:


Updates: (as of 09/12/11 2.51pm)
Posted my 47th blog entry.
Hide files inside pictures and music here.
Review on Chuck Season 4 here.
Answer my Physics assignment here.
Google search tips for Mediafire here. Another search tip for definitions here.
Scams: Text.
SmartBro, Globe Tattoo, Sun Broadband (Prepaid) Tricks: 1, 2.
FB: tricks: 1, 2, 3; fix 1, 2, 3.
Site: Freebie: TipRadar. GOTD.
Freebies: Kaspersky CBE 11.

Feel free to comment. No spam please.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

[Freebie] Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11, and How to Permanently Change It to English

Image from Techno360.in
It's been almost 9 months now since I've been using Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 10. CBE is ComputerBild Edition, thus a special edition. It is almost similar to Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. Some people distributed the CBE installer and thus, everyone can benefit from it.


Days ago, Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11 was released to the internet. Again, people distributed the CBE installer, and so do I. I tried it, but the problem was the language was in German. And when I try to do the registry hack that changes it to English. A pop-out appears saying you need to reinstall the program. Disturbed because I can't read German, I reinstalled back to Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 10.

And now, thanks to Raymond from Raymond.CC, he and his team (if ever he does) found a way to permanently change it to English. He experimented with the installer using another program and boom! (Well it's just a boom, I don't know what to write next). I installed Kaspersky Security Suite perfectly and it's in English.



Before I'll tell you the procedure, Kaspersky Security Suite is what I consider the best freebie I ever had. Not only does it provide the greatest protection, it suites me to what I do. (Tell you what, I've meddled with Kaspersky's Anti-Banner and it somehow proves useful to my Pay-to-Clicks. No offense.) It also has the rescue disk which you can burn and thus, have a bootable anti-virus on your CD. The CBE Edition according to others is much the same as the Kaspersky Internet Security, so no problem.

Rather than searching for a key for your anti-virus, you'll get a key from ComputerBild which lasts 3 months. Not only that, it's renewable so you'll just need to go back to the license page.

Create an Account at ComputerBild.De (Works Best With Google Chrome or Any Browser With The Ability to Detect and Translate Language)
2. If you have the Translator, or you could read German, input what is required. For some guidelines check the image below.


3. In case a verification of your e-mail is needed please go to your e-mail and verify. Note that you need a non-temporary e-mail because that's where they'll send the activation code.

Renew License / Get Activation Code
1. Go to this page and log-in. Translation is below.


2. Check the box and press Lizenzschlüssel anfordern (License Key). Translated below.


3. An activation code will be sent to your mail. It may be placed in spam so just check your spam folder.
Note: After installation they will require you to enter an activation code. That's where you'll place this. Requires internet connection.

Downloading and Installing Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11
1. Download the installer of Kaspersky and InstEd.
2. Install InstEd first, because you'll need to modify the Kaspersky Installer.
3. Run InstEd and Open the Kaspersky Installer.


4. In Tables Tab, Select Registry and Click Value to Sort, Go to de-DE-xcbild.
5. There should be 3 Registry Entries named Localization, LocalizationList and Ins_Localization. Change their values from "de-DE-xcbild" to "en".
6. (Save As) Save it in another name, e.g. KSS CBE 11. And run the modified installer.
7. The next steps are written in German, but what I did was I checked the boxes and clicked "weiter" or "Ja". No harm done.
8. Installation complete. The activation process will appear and it's written in English. Enter the activation code and wait until licensing is complete.
9. Enjoy! Note that you'll have to update the program. It's much better if you made a backup of the updates in case. Don't update yet if that's the case.

(Optional) Backup your Updates
1. Open Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11.
2. Click Settings.


3. A window will appear. Click the globe and check "Copy Updates to Folder". Set a destination. (It's better if you place it somewhere else. Like mine I placed it in "D:\Update Distribution". I have to make a folder though.

Enjoy Your Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11! In case the license expires, just repeat the renew license steps.
[Credits to Raymond.CC, Link to the two posts here and here.]

Should you ever need to use the images (besides the first), please put a backlink to this site. Thank you. And thank you ComputerBild for this amazing software.


Read about Facebook Photo Zoom, a Chrome/Firefox extension here.

1 comment:

Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.