Updates:


Updates: (as of 09/12/11 2.51pm)
Posted my 47th blog entry.
Hide files inside pictures and music here.
Review on Chuck Season 4 here.
Answer my Physics assignment here.
Google search tips for Mediafire here. Another search tip for definitions here.
Scams: Text.
SmartBro, Globe Tattoo, Sun Broadband (Prepaid) Tricks: 1, 2.
FB: tricks: 1, 2, 3; fix 1, 2, 3.
Site: Freebie: TipRadar. GOTD.
Freebies: Kaspersky CBE 11.

Feel free to comment. No spam please.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tsunami in Japan

Just recently, March 11, 2011, 2:46pm (JST) an 8.8 (or 8.9 to some sources) magnitude earthquake hit the Pacific Ocean nearby the Northeastern coast of Japan, creating a tsunami alert for Japan and other neighboring countries.

The earthquake and the tsunami brought devastating damage on Japan. According to the news, 200 to 300 bodies were found on the coast of Sendai. More than 500 were missing and more than 700 people injured. Fires were reported as number of buildings and houses collapsed. Subway and train stations were halted. It was report that the height of tsunami was around 6 to 10 meters above ground, relatively larger compared to the waves hitting the Philippines which was less than a meter.

Based on what I've read in the news, one of the major concerns is the Fukushima nuclear power plant as a problem occurred in the plant's cooling system. Radiation rose to 1000 times normal, and some radiation escaped from the reactor. Pressure inside the reactor rose 1.5 times normal. Plant workers were already working to restore the cooling system. Other nuclear power plants were shut down and there were no reports of radiation leak.

In Philippines, Tsunami alert no. 2 was raised and people living in eastern coast like Leyte are requested to seek higher ground. Other countries have also raised an alert for the tsunami waves.

Blogger's comments:
I find it quite disturbing for people to care only their lives even though the people in Japan suffered the most. The tsunami waves reaching Philippines was less than a meter, yet some cared about their lives and not those Japanese. I felt pity on the Japanese. They are part of my concern. What I'm trying to say is let's care less of ourselves for a moment and care more for the people who are needing help the most. If I try to imagine I could hear the cries of the people as some hope of them is lost.

Just recently on a group prayer somehow the prayer leader prayed for our protection but did not include protection for the victims of the tsunami. Maybe its just a prayer not said, but I prayed for protection for them, not because I'm much better or anything but because I want to care. That is all I can give to them now. I'm no wealthy person, not yet. But if I become one, I'll do my best to give help.

Lord, please give them strength, give them hope. Please protect them. Lord I pray for the souls of the victims of the calamity, and for those who passed away. For the families, please take care of them. Please let them know that there are people who care. We all should. This I ask in Jesus name. Amen.

Read about Pointers and FILE I/O in C Programming here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.