June 14, 7:30 A.M. marked the start of my first day in class in UP as a sophomore. But before that:
I have been staying in Molave Residence Hall, my "now" dormitory since June 9. That was enrollment back then. Accompanied by my mom, we entered the dorm. Note that it was rainy back then and we were too tired to do much.
FIRST IMPRESSION: Large, Old, but still working
I entered the Student Assistant Counter. I gave them my admission slip (required to enter Molave) and they asked me to fill up the same forms I've filled up back in Kalayaan Residence Hall. Needs to be notarized, needs picture, etc. Same as Kalay. The person-in-charge opened another slot (refers to an unoccupied room) to be filled up. The room was supposed to be for the freshies, but then I needed a room. She gave me the keys and I checked my room.
FIRST IMPRESSION: High, long and wide, but for a 4 people living in the room? Too crowded. Plus the cabinet (more known as a locker cause it looks like one) is just half the size of the cabinet in Kalay.
My mom wanted the rightmost side bed (All beds are single beds, not bunk beds) but then she changed once she saw the hole in the ceiling. She chose the leftmost instead. Okay for me.
I had to leave her to fix my room. Mothers knew best about everything. Besides I had to finish enrollment.
Enrollment was long and hard. On the first day I only managed to let my adviser sign my form 5A. (That's the pre-enlistment thingy.) On the next day I had to let him cancel my PE because the instructor was Ma. Louella Caces. And I needed that canceled to give way for my missing class to be enlisted.
NOTE TO READERS ENLISTING IN UP DILIMAN: Avoid Caces, she is known to be the terror professor in PE. Gives 3.0 or 5.0 only. ONLY.
The third day went smooth as I finished enrollment after a few hours. Phew I could now do anything.
--- Skipping time until time is 6 AM, June 14, 2011. ---
I woke up a little late after my alarm has gone off. Well actually I shut my alarm off. I dozed off after. Going back, there was a lot of people waiting at the restroom. To take a bath of course. I caught one cubicle not being used because the shower there was broken, but you can use its faucet. Good thing I have my pail and dipper(?) so I don't have to fall in line. :)
Breakfast. It's not Erlinda's.
FIRST IMPRESSION: Weee it's not ERLINDA'S!!!! Breakfast was ham and rice. Ham was nicely cooked. Rice looked terrible but edible.
I was ready for my first class. I am early usually on the first day of school. The next days, however, would be more of a NO. No lessons happened actually. Only in my Math class where my prof was absent. I managed to countersign my I.D. and use the internet in the Library during that day.
Define "countersign my I.D." Well you need this so you could enter and use the library facilities. You countersign your I.D. on your respective college's library. As for me our library was Eng'g Lib II. The newest and the best.
Lunch was beefsteak (I think) and Dinner was Chicken with brown sauce. Did I forget to mention to you that in Kalay when someone asks, "What's the food," you'll answer with the color of the food? Yep, that's right. Lol.
Might sleep later. Will study for tomorrow. I hope. Good night.
Read about a site that gives free software daily here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.