![]() |
| A really weird drawing... haha |
Sleep. Oh that's a very, very big problem here in our dormitory. Most of the residents sleep really late. Some sleep around eleven, but most sleep way beyond twelve o'clock. I admit, I'm part of the late sleepers, and I wish to change that. There are just some things that do prevent me from sleeping early. This is one.
I must say, sleeping late really shifted my biological clock. Every day in the morning I feel really sleepy, at night I feel alive and alert. Most of my classes starts around eight-thirty, so there's really not much of a problem. But still, I do want to change my sleeping habits.
Today, I slept like more than ten hours, three hours of it I slept at four o'clock in the afternoon. It feels very, very refreshing, so I came to decide to write a blog about this. Not about my sleep, but the advantages, and how to fight back sleep disorders.There are really many advantages if you sleep, especially when it's eight hours a day.
- You feel physically, mentally and emotionally refreshed. Back in high school I usually sleep around nine o'clock then wake up around four and start studying. I tend to absorb what I studied more efficiently than studying at night.
- You recover faster. When you sleep you produce more protein which helps repair your body and fight back infections.
- Anti-stress. This is the best way to fight stress!
- Memory improves, actually.
- Sleep keeps your heart healthy. Through sleep, blood pressure and other hormones are leveled.
- Sleep makes you less cranky.
- Sleep control your body weight. Your body produces hormones which increases your appetite in taking in carbs for your energy needs at night.
- Sleep regulates hormones, so sleep also helps you fight diabetes.
- Sleep lets you live longer and make you feel younger.
Troubled with Cramming? Here are some tips:
- Time management, just in case.
- Nap! It's a shorter version of sleep. Take a nap in between classes. Do it where no one can disturb you. 10-20 minutes is good enough. Don't sleep in classes by the way.
- Eat fruits. Especially those watery ones.
- Relax. Meditate. Breathe in, breathe out.
- Sleep when possible. I had a three-hour sleep in the afternoon and it feels great!
Trying to sleep Tips are found here too:
- Change the background. Try to see whether you sleep better with lights on or off. Most people can't sleep when the background is noisy, so fix that. Maybe classical music can help you sleep better. Maybe your bed or pillow isn't comfortable enough.
- Remove all distractions from your bed reach. That includes alarm clock, cellphone, laptop, television, etc.
- No to coffee (at night). Caffeine keeps you awake at night.
- Try not to sleep in the morning. You will feel really sleepy but you must fight on. When it nighttime directly head for the bed. (This is for fixing your sleeping habit)
- Change your sleeping position to the one you're very comfortable of.
- Lie in your bed for around 30-45 minutes. If you don't fall asleep by then get out of your bed and do something to keep you relaxed.
- When you're trying to sleep, try to remove all the stress from your head and imagine something which makes you feel really relaxed.
- Just relax, really.
- If all else fails, consult a doctor or psychiatrist.
I feel so sleepy...
Mediafire, my favorite file hosting site. Read here.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.