![]() |
| Just An Ordinary Song, or is it? |
This is, as the title depicts, just an ordinary song. Or is it really? To tell you the truth, it isn't, it actually has some kind of secret message written on the song. No you won't hear that message within the song, you would barely even know it's there. And once you're done reading this, you could hide files and find them, and people won't even know the difference.
First, we need a compression tool installed(Suggested Freeware: 7-Zip. Download here for 32-bit, and here for 64-bit.) and a music file or picture. We also need a very enthusiastic mind so that no problems could occur during the procedure.
Step One: Relax. Chill. It won't be that hard.
Step Two: Open up My Computer and locate your music file or picture file. For my sample I'll be using this "test music" music file. This is just a copy of the original (also renamed). I've checked that it plays when I open it. Check yours too.
![]() |
| You have your picture file or music file. |
Step Three: Create a document or a text file with whatever message you have. For my sample I've created a "Secret Message" text file. In it contains the message "You have found my secret message!" Ha! Put it inside that same folder. This may be unnecessary when you already have the file to hide.
![]() |
| You included your document. |
Step Four: Right-click on that document or file you're going to hide and select > 7-zip > Add to "Secret Message.7z". You should now have three files in your folder.
![]() |
| You now have three files inside. You only need the music file and the 7z file. |
Step Five: Open up Command Prompt from Start Menu > Accessories > Command Prompt. A new window should appear. Change the directory of your command prompt by typing
Add quotations marks if there's a space within the address. I used D:\User Folder\Music\Test Folder and I have a space within it so I added quotation marks. Don't forget the "/d".cd /d "Insert the address of your working folder here."
Step Six: Also the most important part of this procedure, the reason why all this work. Type in your command prompt this command:
Step Seven: I now have four files in the folder, and "secret.mp3" contains the secret message. Test it and see if it still opens. If yes, then congratulations! You may rename it and send it to your friend. You may tell him this site on how to show it, or just let him figure it out. Anyway the next steps should tell you on how to show these hidden files.
copy /b "dest music.extension" + "created 7z.7z" "output.extension"Dest music is the name of the music file, or the name of the picture, whatever you used. Extension refers to the file extension of the music/picture, example will be MP3, JPG, WAV, etc. In my sample this refers to "test music.mp3". Created 7z is the created file from step four. In my sample it's the "Secret Message.7z". Output is the name of the file you want to create. In mine I chose "secret.mp3". MP3 again because it's the file extension of the original music file I used. You should get this message.
![]() |
| I now have four files. |
Step Eight: To show these files, there are different methods you can use like changing the file extension of the file to .zip then opening the file. You need to go to tools > folder options > view and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types first before renaming. Open the file as a .zip file and it will show you the message.
I'm going to use a different method, a faster method if you're telling me. Open 7-Zip File Manager from Start Menu > Programs > 7-Zip. The interface looks like a Windows Explorer so locate the directory of your working folder or the folder where you placed the hidden file.
Step Nine: Right-click on the file where they (or you) hid the secret and select Open Inside. You should see a secret file inside. Open it.
And that's it. Some questions answered here:
Q: The file in Step Six cannot play or is corrupt.
A: That may mean your file has encryption too and could not be used to hide your file. The compressed file may be too big also. Also try in Step Four rather than "Add to 7z" use "Add to Zip".
Q: Can I use other files to hide my files to?
A: I'm not sure about that, but yes, you could hide files inside another file. Just follow the procedure and test the file if it still works. If no, then you can't use that file.
Q: The file is bigger than the original file.
A: Of course it is. You just added the compressed file to the original file. Depending on how big the compressed file is, that should tell you how bigger the original file could get. Just try not to make it really large.
I don't know the command line for Linux, or if this thing works for them. I've tested this on my Windows Vista and Windows XP and it should work on Windows 7.
You may ask questions in the comment section below, or just go to Google and search for help.
Read about Kenan and Kel here.
I'm going to use a different method, a faster method if you're telling me. Open 7-Zip File Manager from Start Menu > Programs > 7-Zip. The interface looks like a Windows Explorer so locate the directory of your working folder or the folder where you placed the hidden file.
Step Nine: Right-click on the file where they (or you) hid the secret and select Open Inside. You should see a secret file inside. Open it.
And that's it. Some questions answered here:
Q: The file in Step Six cannot play or is corrupt.
A: That may mean your file has encryption too and could not be used to hide your file. The compressed file may be too big also. Also try in Step Four rather than "Add to 7z" use "Add to Zip".
Q: Can I use other files to hide my files to?
A: I'm not sure about that, but yes, you could hide files inside another file. Just follow the procedure and test the file if it still works. If no, then you can't use that file.
Q: The file is bigger than the original file.
A: Of course it is. You just added the compressed file to the original file. Depending on how big the compressed file is, that should tell you how bigger the original file could get. Just try not to make it really large.
I don't know the command line for Linux, or if this thing works for them. I've tested this on my Windows Vista and Windows XP and it should work on Windows 7.
You may ask questions in the comment section below, or just go to Google and search for help.
Read about Kenan and Kel here.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.