The thoughts about reviving childhood games started days ago when France and I were eating at Erlinda's. "I had this weird imagination," I told him. I sometimes incorporate games to my life using my imagination. For example, from the game Jazz Jackrabbit 2, a 1998 PC game, I would imagine having a "Sugar Rush" (in jazz2, you become invulnerable to damage and would seem to move faster for twenty seconds) whenever I feel like moving fast. France seem to remember about Jazz Jackrabbit, because he played Jazz1 and Jazz2 when he was still in grade school. From that moment on, we talked about those really old games.
It's really hard trying to find old games, and most of them you really need to find a way to make them compatible to your OS. Anyway I wanna try to remember these really old games I used to play back then when I was a kid.
It took me a day to find this game. I still have it, but there's just a problem with the video after some time. I don't know about other computers, but you could still play this game.
The game is basically for 1-2 players, but you can play up to 4 players. In single player, you play the story mode and in multiplayer, you can play either cooperative for the story mode, battle, race, treasure hunt, or capture the flag. You can only play cooperative at splitscreen (you share one computer).
There are varying difficulties to which you can play them. On story mode you usually start off with the tutorial, going to post signs to read some instructions. You learn how to jump, move, attack, and learn other skills like buttstomp, and your character's special skill. Jazz can do an upward attack and can slow fall down with his helicopter-like rabbit ears. Spaz can do a sideward kick and can double jump (jump in the air). There are weapons you can pick up during the game, and each weapon has a power-up (increased damage, range, multiple shots, etc.). There are different power-ups too (you will know them when you see a tv-like object). Each level has a secret area which you can access when you have enough coins, and there are also secret areas around the game, usually you have to check the walls or look for teleporters. (Actually you can't find teleporters, they are just places where you automatically teleport when you pass there.) Carrots heal your life, and be careful with sharp objects.
The most important part of the game is to have fun. Seriously. When I was still a kid I enjoyed playing this game. And when I opened and found this game again, I smiled. :)
Dangerous Dave
I've learned this game back in our gradeschool computer lab. Your task is to survive ten levels by acquiring items like the trophy to get out and move to another level. Sounds easy, but when you see that you have three lives and when you touch objects, (like the weeds, acid, fire, or enemies) you instantly die and go back to that level. Running out of life is game over, and you have to go back to level one.
I used to remember back then that I could only reach up to level three and die after. Dave's life in the game is really complicated, so why does he want to do these things. Anyway after some years when this game was gone in our computer lab, I found this game at my dad's office. I manage to reach level seven, and find some tricks and secret areas, but I still couldn't finish the game. And until now, I manage to reach level seven. I'll just have to be more patient and try to reach level eight. Maybe I don't need to go to secret areas. Who knows.
You can actually find this on the internet. This requires a DOS emulator for newer version of Windows. Try looking for DOS Box, a DOS emulator.
Delta Force
My brothers and I only played this game when it was still available. After the first reformat of our really old PC we haven't played this game since. All I remember about this game is that this is like a Counter-Strike-like single player game where you have a selected gun or your choice and perform objectives to finish. Back then we would always cheat on this game so we entered "iwillsurvive" (or something similar, I don't remember, it was a long time ago). We would then finish the game and no more.
Delta Force by the way has sequels according to Wikipedia. The upcoming Delta Force: Angel Falls still unreleased. Latest release was Delta Force: Xtreme 2 (2009).
Moto Racer
I had to search this up in the Internet because I couldn't find the exact name. Anyway this is a racing game where you have to try to reach checkpoints to increase your time and must try to get a rank. There are several race tracks and several dirt or street bikes you can choose from. I remembered this game having the option to make the bike small so it would really look funny during the game.
This has sequels too, the latest would be Moto Racer 3 which was released on 2002. Moto Racer is a DOS-based video game, I haven't tried to find it yet.
Note: Some games here are also found in PlayStations before. You may search in the Internet for screenshots.
Want to share your Childhood Games? Post in the comment box below.
Learn about a nice Physics project here.
The most important part of the game is to have fun. Seriously. When I was still a kid I enjoyed playing this game. And when I opened and found this game again, I smiled. :)
Dangerous Dave
![]() |
| I still can't finish this game... hahaha |
I've learned this game back in our gradeschool computer lab. Your task is to survive ten levels by acquiring items like the trophy to get out and move to another level. Sounds easy, but when you see that you have three lives and when you touch objects, (like the weeds, acid, fire, or enemies) you instantly die and go back to that level. Running out of life is game over, and you have to go back to level one.
I used to remember back then that I could only reach up to level three and die after. Dave's life in the game is really complicated, so why does he want to do these things. Anyway after some years when this game was gone in our computer lab, I found this game at my dad's office. I manage to reach level seven, and find some tricks and secret areas, but I still couldn't finish the game. And until now, I manage to reach level seven. I'll just have to be more patient and try to reach level eight. Maybe I don't need to go to secret areas. Who knows.
You can actually find this on the internet. This requires a DOS emulator for newer version of Windows. Try looking for DOS Box, a DOS emulator.
Delta Force
My brothers and I only played this game when it was still available. After the first reformat of our really old PC we haven't played this game since. All I remember about this game is that this is like a Counter-Strike-like single player game where you have a selected gun or your choice and perform objectives to finish. Back then we would always cheat on this game so we entered "iwillsurvive" (or something similar, I don't remember, it was a long time ago). We would then finish the game and no more.
Delta Force by the way has sequels according to Wikipedia. The upcoming Delta Force: Angel Falls still unreleased. Latest release was Delta Force: Xtreme 2 (2009).
Moto Racer
I had to search this up in the Internet because I couldn't find the exact name. Anyway this is a racing game where you have to try to reach checkpoints to increase your time and must try to get a rank. There are several race tracks and several dirt or street bikes you can choose from. I remembered this game having the option to make the bike small so it would really look funny during the game.
This has sequels too, the latest would be Moto Racer 3 which was released on 2002. Moto Racer is a DOS-based video game, I haven't tried to find it yet.
Note: Some games here are also found in PlayStations before. You may search in the Internet for screenshots.
Want to share your Childhood Games? Post in the comment box below.
Learn about a nice Physics project here.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.