Just recently, I was browsing through my Facebook account because a while ago, I deactivated my Facebook account and now after reactivating all my groups disappeared. According to them, it will come back after several hours. Several hours passed and still no groups appeared on my home page. Anyway I tried searching on the Help Center and here's what I've found: (unfortunately they weren't the ones I needed)
1. Turning on Secure Browsing (Https)
According to them,
Secure Browsing (https) is an opt-in security feature. When you turn this feature on, your traffic (i.e. all of your activity) on Facebook becomes encrypted, making it harder for anyone else to access your Facebook information without your permission.
Making it such gives you a higher security compared to viewing in regular (http) browsing. Some third-party apps though, requires you to switch to regular browsing. Don't worry, cause according to Facebook, you will be switched back to secure browsing after using the app.
2. Send an E-mail Alert Whenever a Computer Accesses Your Facebook
This is another security feature that enables you to check IP Addresses that accessed your Facebook and send it to your e-mail. This is a good thing in case you feel like someone was accessing your account on a certain time that you weren't Facebook-ing. Anyway in case you do find such, maybe it was time to change your password.
3. Download Facebook Data
Ever wanted to keep your Facebook files to your computer? Now you can, with this feature created by Facebook.
According to them,
This tool lets you download a copy of your information, including your photos and videos, posts on your wall, all of your messages, your friend list and other content you have shared on your profile. Within this zip file you will have access to your data in a simple, browseable manner.
Note that this is just a copy of your information. You may alter it if you want, but it won't affect the files in Facebook. In our class (Programming Fundamentals) it is a pass by value. :)
Simple Procedure:
These 3 features can be Account > Account Settings > Settings Tab.
For numbers 1 and 2 click Change on Account Security. There are two checkboxes you can see. The higher checkbox is for number 1, the lower for number 2. Click Save when you're done.
For number 3, click Learn More on Download Your Information. You should be lead to a new page. Click Download. A popup will appear where you'll click download and verify your account so you could download your information. Follow instructions and you're good to go.
Note: I haven't actually tested number 2 and number 3 yet. I just found them out, by as of now I don't need them. Also I tested but deactivated number 1. I still require third-party apps so I'll have to live in regular browsing. You may go to Facebook's Help Center for more information.
Read my review about Chuck Season 4 here.
Simple Procedure:
These 3 features can be Account > Account Settings > Settings Tab.
For numbers 1 and 2 click Change on Account Security. There are two checkboxes you can see. The higher checkbox is for number 1, the lower for number 2. Click Save when you're done.
For number 3, click Learn More on Download Your Information. You should be lead to a new page. Click Download. A popup will appear where you'll click download and verify your account so you could download your information. Follow instructions and you're good to go.
Note: I haven't actually tested number 2 and number 3 yet. I just found them out, by as of now I don't need them. Also I tested but deactivated number 1. I still require third-party apps so I'll have to live in regular browsing. You may go to Facebook's Help Center for more information.
Read my review about Chuck Season 4 here.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.