Updates:


Updates: (as of 09/12/11 2.51pm)
Posted my 47th blog entry.
Hide files inside pictures and music here.
Review on Chuck Season 4 here.
Answer my Physics assignment here.
Google search tips for Mediafire here. Another search tip for definitions here.
Scams: Text.
SmartBro, Globe Tattoo, Sun Broadband (Prepaid) Tricks: 1, 2.
FB: tricks: 1, 2, 3; fix 1, 2, 3.
Site: Freebie: TipRadar. GOTD.
Freebies: Kaspersky CBE 11.

Feel free to comment. No spam please.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Digging Deep (and found my Text Scam blog entry)

There's more than that.
Just a while ago I started cleaning out one of my e-mail's inbox. It started out as around 1200+, the last of the unread message was on February 14, 2011. Most of those e-mails where from Facebook, and so rather reading each one one by one I used "Select All" and "Delete". That deleted twenty-five messages at a time so I would need to do that more than 48 times.

While deleting the messages in my inbox, I read a message about a backlink to my previous EcoSelf blog in Friendster. Not just one but maybe 6, more or less. They linked about my blog entry called The Malicious Text Scam which talks about me insulting a texter for his TRYING-HARD scam. There was just a big problem to his scam: it was written unprofessionally, there were many wrong punctuations, and it's just wrong. You couldn't scam someone like this. You have to be the opposite of that: professionally, believable, and grammatically correct. It's not that I'm teaching you how to scam, it's that I'm teaching you not to scam because you failed.

Here is the screenshot of my post. And after that you can read it. Since I technically wrote this I could copy it here. :))
Posted 12th 2009 at 5:27 pm.
From an Unknown Sender (0905XXXXXXX, Number Hidden to Protect Owner):

Congrat’s! Ur Sim# had won Php480,000 from (V-Pres. CHARITY FOUNDT’N) by VIA-electronic draw! 4more info! Pls. Call Atty;Frank A. Reyes DTI .no.5788 Series/2009


Okay, so I made this post first to discourage those who are sending malicious text scams to victims. Remember, what you are doing is REALLY WRONG! So I suggest you stop doing so. Next I really post this because compared to other text scam, this really has a lot of errors.

Now we all know that when it’s an electronic draw the message would be more of a complete usage and spelling of words, and not shortcuts. (That’s 1!)

We also know that we don’t put parentheses… It would look like it’s edited and sent to a victim. (That’s 2!)

By VIA-electronic draw?? Man, in English you can’t use Preposition-Preposition. You should have said Via Electronic draw instead.

Atty; Frank A. Reyes?? Use a period(.) man. Not a semi-colon(;). Also I searched the internet, who’s this Atty. Frank A. Reyes?? He was not found on my search engine.

5788 is an invalid DTI no. You can check so by going to this site and input the number…

Verify DTI-NCR Permit Number

What is Series/2009?? Series per 2009??? 2009 happens only once you know. Don’t use /, use ‘of’.

Now to those who are sending text scams, please stop it. It will only insult you. Hahaü
 Lesson Learned: Read the above line. And note, this happens many times in the Philippines. I don't know with other countries if they're this desperate.

It kinda insults me too, because I usually have a problem with my tenses. Hehehehe :D By the way, I don't want to read that blog anymore, there's too much memories left in there.

Yesterday was Good Friday. Today is Black Saturday. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. We so excited. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments, Suggestions, or Just Wanna Say Hi? Post Here.